  • Subject: IBM Fax Support for AS/400
  • From: Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:33:36 -0500

Does anyone have and use this product?  We purchased it along with our
RISC upgrade a couple of months ago and now I'm starting to toy around
with it.  I'm not too pleased.  It doesn't seem to be intuitive.  I've
been able to fax a couple of documents, but none too easily.

What I want to do is direct spool files that I want faxed to a specific
outq.  When a spool file arrives on that outq, I want the phone number
to be retrieved from within the spool file, the fax sent, and be able to
see that the fax was indeed sent.  What I have found out so far is:

1) There doesn't seem to be a way to retrieve the phone number from
within the spool file.

2) When I've sent tests 'manually' to our own fax, they alway come out
portrait, even though the spool file is landscape.

3) Information is cut off at the beginning and end of each line.

The only redbook is from May of 1996 and applies to 5798-TAY V3R6, while
the current version is 5798-TBY V4R4.

--
-Jeff
The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily