  • Subject: Re: V5R1 / SNDDST
  • From: Steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 00:14:05 +0100

In article <OF91AEA135.54D50E18-ON85256A43.006A54F4@dpslink.com>, Neil
Palmer <neilp@dpslink.com> writes
>From my understanding., and an article I can't locate right now, SNDDST,
>PRTDOC, MRGDOC and commands that were part of OS/400, are not going away.

I can confirm this. As a result of the, um, deep meaningful discussions
between COMMON Europe and IBM, we had confirmed to us that none of the
base operating system functionality (specifically things like SNDDST) is
going away - folders and document commands stay, the system directory
remains exactly the same. Some of the more esoteric DOC commands may be
problematic, but basically only the OV/400 API calls have been tampered
with.

On install of V5R1, OV/400 will be deleted - but if you need OV/400 full
functionality, you can then re-install it (you don't need to for the
base system components). And it will work for most functions. (Or so I
am told, off the record). But it's not supported.

--
Steve