iSeries Magazine is launching a new feature that will allow readers to take
a look back at some early AS/400 boxes and related hardware. And, we'd like
some help with this feature, which have called "Heritage." Each month,
beginning in June, we will publish a photograph of an older computer
(System/36, System/38 or early AS/400) or peripheral device (e.g., a disk
drive or storage device). Accompanying the photo will be a description of
the machine's capabilities -- everything from its speeds and feeds to its
dimensions and weight.

We've collected the photos, but we need your stories. For example, tell us
if you used one of the first AS/400s, and what you used it for. What
features made it so great for the time? What were its limitations? Were
your loyalties to the System/36 or the System/38, and why?

If you take a couple of minutes to share your memories, you just might find
your words in iSeries Magazine (and we'll send you a t-shirt if we publish
your story). Send your questions, comments, reflections and anecdotes to:
Neil Tardy, iSeries Magazine senior editor, neiltardy@us.ibm.com.

Evelyn Hoover
Managing Editor
iSeries Magazine