  • Subject: Re: ScanMail messages
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:42:31 EDT

> Memo to self not to come and live in the US ... or maybe that'll get
>  censored too!
>  Good luck from a less politically correct zone .

Brain Dead US Software gets sold to Brain Dead Executives the world over.
No one is immune from this, except that any form of Security Software will
soon be illegal in Britain, if the legislation goes into law that I mentioned
in another thread & the original article at

http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT3BJ4X1VLC&liv
e=true&tagid=ZZZC00L1B0C&Collid=ZZZ96PECC0C

But I hazard a guess that the British will find a reality, of hackers &
viruses run amuck & it illegal to combat them, to be far more oppressive than
the reality of creeping Mad People Disease that we have here, in which there
are still many islands of sanity.

What we may need is a reverse engineered version of ScanMail that we use
before sending our e-mail out, that operates like a spelling & grammar
checker.

This phrase is objectionable to any idiots at Trend Phraseology ... here are
some substitutes that will go right by them ...

So you replace "Dick and Jane" with "Dick*&*and*&*Jane" or some such nonsense
that makes the text readable by inserting odd ball characters that will not
be parsed by ScanMail, or cause troubles for HTML.

The checker will have to be up to date with all the different versions of
software created by brain dead software companies that are popular among
brain dead software buyers.