  • Subject: RE: QCMDEXC
  • From: "Bob Cozzi" <bobcozzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:55:24 -0500

The problem with DLYJOB could be that a Trigger program is being evoked
(outside the normal application) and that program contains a DLYJOB or the
API call to do a delay job. Another option could be that there's an EXIT
program being evoked and the exit program is doing the delay job.

I remember years ago when the System/38 was around and IBM announced a new
model that was "so fast" that when people got them installed, the actually
put little delay loops (via dlyjob or similar) in their code to slow down
the response times. The reason they did this was they didn't want the first
group of users who's apps were moved to the new models to experience such
great performance and then have them feel like the machine slowed down when
everything else was eventually ported over.

Gosh, that doesn't still go on now does it? After all, IBM does that for us,
it's called Interactive Jobs or "speed bumps".  :)

Cozzi