  • Subject: Upgrade from 510 to 730
  • From: Cyndi Bradberry <CyndiB@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:27:30 -0600

Hi everyone,

It's the Monday morning after a weekend upgrade. We did end up being
involved in the planning and in doing some of the work.

Things went a little wrong when our new Ultrium tape drive would not restore
things. We had used it for the Go Save 21. It would report 240 objects
restore, 140 not restored from a library. So, you tell it to restore again
*New and get 170 objects restored.  Very strange. The business partner doing
the work ended up using our old 7208/5gig/8mm drive and our DLT drive to
save things on the 510, move the drive to the 730 and then restore. They
worked for a while Friday night, and then put in over 14 hours on Saturday.

We are cleaning up a few object authority problems on libraries where they
had to re-restore several times using different tapes, but nothing horribly
catasrophic.

Fun thing was with license codes. Two software vendors, one gave us a 30 day
software code and an invalid hardware code. The other gave an invalid code.
They have fixed things this morning tho.

All in all, not too bad. IBM has promised us a new Ultrium drive.

Normally, we run JDEdwards integrities every night and they take up to 3
hours to run. Just for fun, this morning I ran them and they only took 20
minutes !  This baby screams.....Now I know what I have been missing.
Another programmer is just having loads of fun recompiling things. He keeps
a running commentary about how fast things are going.

Thanks for all your support.

Cyndi B.
Boise, ID