  • Subject: Re: ca/extended dos not supported in v4r5. why not?
  • From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:32:09 -0400

> Why will IBM not assure its customers that  ca/dos will work on its future
> releases as it has on past  releases?
> They can discontinue any "how to" support if  they want, we just want them
> to assure us that if they break their own code in  the future, that they
> will fix it.
Steve - Not even MS (as in MS-DOS) will give that support guarantee. Their
tech
site is full of "doesn't work with dos" or " may not always work". Things
like plain old serial port communication is not fully supported anymore.
<clip from MS>....NOTE: Serial communications is not emulated perfectly
because of
 fundamental differences between the preemptive and nonpreemtive
 multitasking environments. ......
jim