  • Subject: Re: Re(2): Bulk update of CL source file
  • From: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:40:46 -0500 (CDT)

Does ILE actually have improved string handling over OPM?  Or are you
just referring to the difference between RPG III and RPG IV?

Hmmmm...   why would you write a seperate CL and RPG?  Why not just do
the whole thing in a single RPG program with a UsrOpn file?  (To come
to think of it, I really don't write CL programs anymore these days)

You could also use the QUSLMBR API to get the list of members.  It'd be
a bit faster than DSPFD.   Though, I don't know how noticable the
difference would be. :)

Just wondering why you picked this approach?