  • Subject: Re: Cisc to Risc Disk Requirement
  • From: "Bill Albert" <balbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:41:36 -0500

Yes, the report shows No under Sufficient storage.  Help text on the display
indicates that the storage indicated in IMPI storage is for object
preparation on the CISC machine.

I was under the impression that if I had adequate storage for the expansion
of the objects on the RISC machine (which I do) that this conversion was
mostly just a save on the old machine and restore on the new machine.
Object conversion took place on first use or during restore.

If my impression is wrong, someone please explain the process.

I do have to recompile some objects in order to get observability and that
will increase there size but normal cleanup events should provide me enough
space to do that.

TIA
Bill Albert