  • Subject: Re: Connecting a Barcode printer via TCP/IP ??
  • From: "Patrick Townsend" <patownsend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:20:39 -0800

Frank,

Our customers are using Ethernet TCP connections to barcode printers in three ways:

1. Direct connections to Zebra printers using our SerialConnect product. We are a Zebra partner (http://www.Zebra.com) and provide connectivity to all of there printers. This probably won't help you as you are using an EasyCoder.

2. Direct connections to a printer's serial port using our SerialConnect product. Full duplex serial communications over an Ethernet TCP network.

3. We are partners with Loftware and provide a full client to their Loftware Print Server (http://www.loftware.com). Loftware provides a generalized design and communications interface to numerous printers.

You can contact us if any of this is of interest to you.
Patrick

---
IBM AS/400 communications, FTP automation, and eCommerce
software and consulting services.