<laughing>

Tried that, too.  My SSAP is the same as yours, except that I have SSAP 12
instead of 06.  From my reading of the help text, it's the SSAP for channel
AA that's required for TCP/IP.

My ETHSTD is *ALL.  I notice that the ARP packet I am sending out is 802.3;
I wonder if I change to *ETHV2 what would happen?  Hmmm.   (I just looked at
my line description, but the CHGETHLIN command doesn't seem to let me change
the ETHSTD parameter).

P.S. I tried switching my address to 172.198.1.1 and then pinging out -
still no joy.  Whenever I attempt to ping an address outside my subnet, I
get no activity on the net other than that darned 802.3 TEST packet.