  • Subject: Re: IBM Job Scheduler not submitting jobs
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:45:36 EST

Sometimes the symptoms can be misread ... I have found sometimes that things
are on JOBQ but they are ON HOLD ... how did they get that way ... well some
sign-ons can get their defaults that way then those sign-ons launch things &
forget or never realize this, or we have some mild crisis & put some tasks on
hold & forget to unhold everything when the crisis is over.  WRKUSRJOB F4
select *ALL users  *BATCH jobs with status *JOBQ to see what all is in all
JOBQs right now & something about the status of each of those jobs.

If your security is appropriate, you can 5 work with DSPJOB on those JOBQ
jobs then I think it is option 1 or 2 from main menu which will tell you when
the job was placed in the system (on the jobq) as opposed to started running
(off the JOBQ).

You might GO CMDSCDE & WRK with them *ALL to see if the scenario is with
respect to a particular job that someone has placed on hold & also what the
record shows there for the last time anything was submitted & when is the
next time it is scheduled to run.

You might check what JOBQ the jobs are supposed to run in when the Job
Scheduler submits them.  This is something that can get changed.  For
example, if it launches on schedule, it can use different rules than if
someone I think it is 10 launch right now using user defaults instead.

We have some tasks on Job Scheduler which would not be harmful to 10 launch
right now, such as some reports & message generators - you might do so with
something like that to verify that the Job Scheduler appears to be functional.

You might WRKJOBQ & notice what sub systems each JOBQ is in & put cursor on
sub system column & F1 to be reminded that JOBQ has to be assigned to a Sub
System for jobs in that Q to run.

You might GO CMDSBSD & take the option to display subsystem you think this
should be running in, then take option 6 to review settings for JOBQ that are
in that SBS.

Where I work we just have the plain vanilla IBM Job Scheduler, not the
advanced one or Help Systems Robot Scheduler - you might want to verify we
talking about the same animal.

> From: mark.allen@fast-friends.com (Mark Allen)
>
>  Submitting this for someone who does not have access to the list.
>

>  IBM Job Scheduler suddenly stopped submitting.  I am having them check to
>  make sure the QJOBSCD subsystem is active, is there anything else that
might
>  be causing?
>
>  Mark Allen
>  Director of MIS
>  Fast Friends, Inc.
>  (601) 888-4392 ext. 13
>  www.fast-friends.com

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838