Thanks guys for the reply, and now for the next bit of the equation :
I'm drawing up a spec for upgrade (mainly DASD) and knowing that the 4gig
disks are discontinued I was thinking about using the 8gig ones. The new
disks will go into the main ASP also but would it be a bad idea to add a
further different type of disk into the config ? I will be adding probably
another 80+gig to our existing setup.
Any further suggestions comments ?

thanks again for your advice on this matter

Neil