  • Subject: RE: Grumble...
  • From: "Alex A Moore" <alexm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:57:34 -0500

Joe,

        Your 10.1.1.* address needs a router or firewall or some means of being
"routed" or "natted" to an external public address.  Normally ( is there
such a thing ) you would have all of your private addresses inside of a
firewall.  Your firewall might translate, via NAT, your 10. private address
to an external and public address.  Your router may also perform this
function.

Do you know how to run a comm trace on your AS/400?  Do you have one of the
downloadable TRACERT utilities for the AS/400?  Is your one and only route
active?  A process called dead gateway processing will make your route
inactive for a period of time if your next hop cannot be pinged by the
AS/400.

Alex