Anybody have any experience working with AFP and color page segements?

I have an existing application that is using AFP.  I have a need to bring in an
Acrobat file that has color properties.  Then I'd like to be able to print this
using HPT to a HP color printer.  My color precision needs are not that great.
Essentially I need to be able to discern between major color groups.  Green vs.
red, blue vs. yellow, etc.

Historically, we bring in graphics and process them through the AFP print driver
and create page segments that we can upload and convert.  As best I can tell
this will not maintain color.  So my question is can this be done and has anyone
done it?  I think I can break this into two categories: 1.)  uploading of color
graphics to the system and 2.) printing these color graphics.

I am not in a position to move this application away from AFP.  I am also not in
a position to use AFP color printers since their cost is beyond my means.  Any
help and any direction would be appreciated.  Other software like HiJaak Pro or
AFP utilities if they can help won't be much of an obstacle.

Also, has anyone had any experience with image transform that has been available
since V4R2?  I've read the redbook and I'm not sure if I understand how (if at
all) I can incorporate it into my legacy host AFP applications.

Michael Crump
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302