Dave,

We use it and are very pleased with it.  We have it monitoring for QSYSOPR
messages needing replies, jobs backing up on critical job queues,
interactive users using "excessive" amounts of the CPU, and for critical
never-ending jobs not running.

In several cases we have it automatically reply to messages.  For example,
if a batch job hits a record lock, we have it wait a minute then give the
message an R.  If after 3 rounds of this it gets the message again, it pages
us.

For one of the critical jobs, if it's not running it starts it up without
bothering us.  For the others, it pages us, since there are sometimes
legitimate reasons for the jobs not to run.

We get paged for most QSYSOPR inquiry messages, and if the critical job
queues (Bills of Lading and Invoices) back up with more than 5 jobs waiting
to process.  It sends E-mail if an interactive user consumes more than 20%
of the CPU over a 15-minute period (we occasionally have problems with
emulation users disconnecting for one reason or another which throw
interactive jobs into tight loops, as well as the inevitable "I was just
running this report interactively so I'd get it quicker").

Anyway, it has a lot of valuable function for us, works pretty reliably
here, and is supported well by Bytware.  Tech support has answered a couple
of "How would I do that?" questions for us - there were quick, courteous,
and very helpful.

I hope this helps you.  Make sure you tell Bytware to send me that check.
<grin>  Seriously, I have no vested interest in the product other than as a
customer.

Dave Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC
---
If you would like to subscribe to the MAPICS-L mailing list send email to
MAPICS-L-SUB@midrange.com or go to www.midrange.com and follow the
instructions.