  • Subject: Re: Overwrote a V4R3 QGPL with a V3R7 QGPL (no backup)
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:00:18 -0500
  • Cc: tomh@xxxxxxxxx

Was the system in a restricted start when you tried it ?

This may help:
http://as400service.rochester.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/fd9885170ed46f758625680b00020373/28e0fe1d0f81b6dc862565df006d772f?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,Restore,QUSRSYS
For step 14 I would suggest a RSTLIB of QUSRSYS & QGPL under new names
like XQUSRSYS & XQGPL (RSTLIB parm on RSTLIB command).
Then WRKLIBPDM for each lib and use option 11 to move over the user
objects that you need (output queues, job queues, etc.).
You can even delete source files in QGPL like QRPGSRC, QCLSRC, etc. and
move the source files over from your XQGPL library.

...Neil

tomh@simas.com
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
2001/02/03 11:22