  • Subject: Re: Interactive Query
  • From: Paul Tuohy <tuohyp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:21:15 +0000

Hi Greg,

This has come up before. And (unexpected as it may seem) thats the way it works.

I gotta say that I hate to see users being stopped from using interactive query.
It is like giving someone a gift of a Porche and telling them that they can only
drive in 1st gear.

I know that queries on large files can adversely affect performance so better to
make use of the CHGQRYA command to limit the use of interactive query. Try the
following CL program.

Dcl        &InqMsgRpy   *Char  10

RtvJobA    InqMsgRpy(&InQMsgRpy)

ChgJob     InqMsgRpy(*DFT)
ChgQryA    QryTimLmt(180)

wrkqry

ChgJob     InqMsgRpy(&InQMsgRpy)
ChgQryA    QryTimLmt(*SysVal)

This give them a maximum of 3 minutes for an interactive query. If you want to
emulate the "no interactive queries" then set the time limit to 0 instead of
180.

If you are tempted to change the system value (QQRYTIMLMT I think) be very
careful. It also applies to OPNQRYF and SQL.

HTH

Paul Tuohy