  • Subject: RE: Shared printers:
  • From: "Matt Patee" <mpatee@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:57:42 -0800

Eric,

I could. I've tried this scenario, but loose all of the settings like how
many times to print, security for the spool file, form type, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew Patee
Midrange Systems Manager
ABM Industries
(415) 836-9909
fax:(415) 836-9911

                    Eric DeLong

                    <Eric.DeLong@pmsi-ser        To:
"\"MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com\" " <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>, "\"Matt
                    vices.com>                   Patee\" " <mpatee@abm.com>

                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    owner-midrange-l@midr        Subject:     RE: Shared
printers:
                    ange.com

                    12/26/00 12:05 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

     Could you have the Unix system target the AS400 instead of the
     printer. That way, AS400 and Unix jobs are managed by the AS400
     outq/writer. You would need LPD active on the AS400.

     hth
     Eric