<<And, this brings up the next logical progression question:  Preferences
for web development environs...  I'ld also be interested in hearing
comments on web development tools, costs,
benefits/drawbacks/compatabilithy issues from folks that are heavy into
this part of the world...>>

Since you asked...

I've heard that FP2K is much better than old versions, but most web pros
avoid FP like the plague.  Personally, I like HomeSite, but then I'd rather
write HTML code than use a WYSIWYG editor.  Even if I'm doing an ASP page
for a MS-IIS server, I'd sooner use HomeSite (or Notepad!) than FP.  I've
heard that if you're going to go WYSIWYG solution, shell out the bucks and
use DreamWeaver from Macromedia.  It's spendy, but it writes good HTML that
works in all browsers.  Well, I don't know about NN6, but who the hell
knows how to write for NN6?  ;-)

Teaching people to hand-code HTML is definitely more difficult than
teaching them to use wysiwyg editors, but I've found that sooner or later,
that editor isn't going to make something work the way you need it to.
It's a "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" scenario.  And if
they're going to do any kind of CGI programming for the 400 (whether
through Net.Data or by calling programs directly), they'll need to know how
to write HTML by hand.

I guess my question is, what are they trying to do?  Maybe the best bet
would be to set them up a database driven site.  That way, all they have to
do is enter the text they want to show up on the pages, and your CGI
programs take that text and create the pages with it.  Fairly idiot proof,
once you get it working.

Mike E.