  • Subject: Re: RE: logical view over mult files
  • From: "alan shore" <SHOREA@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:09:31 -0500

Ahhhh sorry, that makes more sense. Lets see if I understand.
Fin_Product is File1
Components is File2
Interm_Product is File3
Raw_Materials is File4

At any point in time, data from all 4 files may need to be displayed to
different users, but the primary file could be ANY one (or more - depending on
the data needed to be looked at) of these 4 files. For a total of 24 different
combinations of joins.
Hmmmmmm - interesting project.
Please let me know if my understanding of your request is correct as the
project I've just described intrigues me.

>>> "Sam Kanakanui" <skanakanui@triad.rr.com> 12/12 10:54 AM >>>
Thanks, Alan.

That would work for simple reporting.  But what we need is more of a dynamic
function where a user may key a finished product and all it's levels, and
1/2 an hour later, somebody else wants to view that finished product on a
screen by keying in the SKU.

Thanks again,
Sam