  • Subject: Re:File separator in a PC RMTWTR
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:27:00 -0500

Arlene,

Don't know if you've got this solved yet.  I had the same problem last month;
took me a week to solve!

The solution is published as an IBM Support Line Technical Document titled:
"Turning off the Banner Page for LPR".  I've got a fax copy in front of me
that does not have the document ID or the URL where it was found and I have
just wasted about 30 minutes on IBM's @#$!*%# web site trying to find this
document (don't apologize for that, this is blame squarely on IBM for such a
cr*ppy search engine!)

Anyway, the gist of this document is that for V3R2 & V3R6, you need to do the
following:

   CRTDTAARA DTAARA(QTCP/QTMPLPR) TYPE(*CHAR) AUT(*USE)
   CHGDTAARA DTAARA(QTCP/QTMPLPR (1 1)) VALUE('N')

If at a later time you would like to re-enable the banner page, you must enter
the following command:

   CHGDTAARA DTAARA(QTCP/QTMPLPR (1 1)) VALUE(' ')

For releases V3R7 and above, the capability to suppress the Banner Page has
been added to the following CL commands: SNDTCPSPLF, CRTOUTQ, CHGOUTQ.
Pressing F10 for Additional Parameters allows the parameter Print Separator
Page (SEPPAGE) to be changed to *NO.  The default value is *YES.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952