  • Subject: RE: Exit pgms for Op's Navigator
  • From: "Murphy, Guy" <murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:08:33 -0600

Title: RE:Exit pgms for Op's Navigator
    Start your Ops Nav and click on your AS/400 icon with the right mouse button.  You should see 'Application Administration' listed as a choice on the menu.  Once AA is started you should see a window with three tabs the first one being 'AS/400 Operations Navigator'.  This is where you can set how much of Ops Nav that you want the users to have.  I think the default is to give everything to everybody, which given how powerful Ops Nav is, is not a good thing.  The top most grayed check marks  are toggle switches.  Clicking on them will set all the boxes below them off or on, or you can click each option individually.  You can further customize each option to allow or exclude specific users or groups of users.  Make sure you have all of the security access you need to make these changes and make sure that everyone else doesn't.

Guy Murphy - murphyfa@uiuc.edu
FACTS system - University of Illinois
217-333-8670
http://www.heisercoaching.com