  • Subject: Re: Backup performance (CFINT)
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 22:07:48 -0500

During troubleshooting of some communications problems (specifically
token-ring errors) we discovered that CFINT01 had taken over the entire
system on a NON-Server box, 95% of CPU and over 95% of system memory.
Discussing this with support they indicated there there are other tasks
assigned to CFINTnn jobs besides 'CPU Burn' and some parts of
communications recovery is one of these tasks.

Therefore I wouldn't dismiss CFINTnn on non-server systems, it just
isn't 'playing govorner' on those systems.

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis
Arbor Solutions, Inc.