  • Subject: Re: slow queries over tcp/ip
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:32:19 -0500

Let me rephrase my question,  Are both the terminal sessions and the
pc-5250 sessions running in the QINTER subsystem?  Again, rephrased, (in
case you don't know how to check), if I do a WRKACTJOB will both the
terminal, and the pc-5250, sessions appear indented under QINTER?

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    "Keith Schwarz"

                    <KeithS@flowlinefit        To:
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    tings.com>                 cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Re: slow queries
over tcp/ip
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    11/06/00 02:48 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

The simple answer is yes.  Regarding the pc's running tcp/ip over twinax, I
have a pc sitting right next to a terminal running over the same line.  The
exact same query on the 5250 terminal runs fine.  The query on the pc using
tcp/ip runs 5 to 10 seconds slow.  As far as the pc's running through the
hub, I don't know if they are in the same subsystem.  I am not familiar
with
that terminology as it relates to this case.  They are not on the same
physical line but the are running the same type of queries, except the are
communicating over cat 5 thru a hub connected to the ethernet card in the
400.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks,
Keith