  • Subject: Re: Message Police
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:43:36 EDT

>  ...from  compbenefits.com   and orvis.com  are starting to get annoying.

These people have brain dead filters setup so that they will never know that
they are being annoying.  The only solution I see is for list moderators to

1. Block them from sign-up, with a special message explaining that their
filters are too sensitive to work with normal internet traffic
2. When a letter is received via snail mail confirming that they have fixed
their filters, they can rejoin the e-world.
3. If they do not understand the problem, here is a web URL that has full
details on the problem they cause by joining internet lists with settings
similar to what they recently have had.
4. Warn other list moderators & perhaps have a black list of some companies
that do this kind of harrassment of message lists.

>  Can whoever is subscribed to the list from these organizations possibly
>  get the person responsible for configuring these annoying email content
>  fillters to read the manuals for the product and learn how to alter the
>  default settings !!!!
>  If the content of the emails in question was too "sensitive" for them,
>  maybe they should go live on a deserted island somewhere in the Pacific
>  ocean, away from any "offensive" contact with the real world !   :-)

>  Rich Brearley wrote:
>  >
>  > I will be out of the office from Monday October 23rd to Monday October
> 30th.  If you need immediate attention contact Steve Turner at turnersg@drh.
> duhs.duke.edu.  Otherwise I will reply to you as soon as I return on the
30th.

did anyone contact Steve Turner at turnersg@drh.duhs.duke.edu ... I have been
out of town myself for just under a week.

Perhaps David wants to add some "message police" of his own that looks for
the phrase "I will be out of the office" then what it does is look for the
2nd of 2 dates mentioned, and all e-mail to that person will intercepted
until the 2nd of the 2 dates, then on the 2nd of the 2 dates, automatically
send 1 mail to person telling them how to get their e-mail & how to rejoin
the group.

Alister William Macintyre

Computer Data Janitor etc. of BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 on 400 model 170 OS4 V4R3
(forerunner to IBM e-Server i-Series 400)  @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central
Industries of Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and
electrical sub-assemblies