From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com [mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of neilp@dpslink.com
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 4:57 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Re; QUSRTOOL (was IP PRINTING)

Yes - we had to keep records because of the large inventory files on all the computer cards we were consuming.
Also, during the fossil fuel crisis in the 70's we would generate elecricity to power the computer by burning the card chips punched out of the 80 column cards.  When IBM introduced the 96 column cardw with the little tiny round holes/chips, we could no longer generate enough electricity to pay for the cost of the off duty fireman hired as a precation to stand between the burning card chips and the computer with a fire hose (this was the first generation "firewall") so the practice was eventually phased out.

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   AS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

Pat Barber <mboceanside@worldnet.att.net>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com