  • Subject: Re: Job holds large number of locks.
  • From: "Neil Palmer"<NeilP@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 02:53:06 -0400

I used to get the same problem with my nightly backups (after a release upgrade, but I can't recall to what release) when using save while active.
I do have a lot of source on my system, and some source files with a LOT of members (especially one called PTFCOVER where I keep  - yep, PTF cover letters).

There is an old informational APAR on this topic from around 1996  - II09173.
(Available through IBM AS/400 website, or SNDPTFORD II09173).

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   AS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

Chuck Lewis <clewis@iquest.net>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com