  • Subject: Re: CA Express on V3R2 & V3R7
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 12:28:00 -0400

Thanks, Rob, for the compliment in the other post!

1)  Working on it.
2)  IBM's CA web site indicates that CA Express "Connects to V4R2 or later";
sounds like I'm stuck anyway with CA Win95.
3)  Is Netserver part of the V4R3+ OS?  And not a separately licensed product?
4)  One month into the job and already I feel powerful!  When I interviewed, I
was told "No need to upgrade.  Don't need RPG-IV."  Now, we've got a new big
400 coming (well, the budget's there) and I've been given the go-ahead to do
limited RPG-IV programming (for Sockets and for one new app that does massive,
complex string handling and parsing).
    How does one upgrade from V3R1M2 to V3R2M0?  I went to IBM's CA website
and could find nothing on that.  Is it free?  Downloadable?  If for any _good_
reason (not because you said so <g>), it's because IBM still supports V3R2M0.