  • Subject: Re: INCREDIBLE - what am I missing here... ??? !!!
  • From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 08:56:07 -0500

Hi Folks !

I just spoke with my friend Kelly Schmotzer who is the Marketing Manager for
Domino
for AS/400, and she was reminding me of all that things that are delivered for
free
on AS/400 like WAS Standard is a free product with
AS/400.  The HTTP function is free and easy to setup on AS/400.  IBM supplies a
POP3
mail server in OS/400 to do e-mail, if we want to upgrade to Domino it is low
cost
and it  WORKS very well on AS/400 - DB2 for unlimited users  is integrated with
OS/400.  Not to mention security, management, backup, etc.... FOR FREE!!!!.
Kelly
was wondering if IBM pulled out all the freebies would people better realize
what
they had when they invest in AS/400... and that it is all  integrated and tested
before ever shipping.

Sometimes we forget all that we have until the decision is made to stop
integrating
it.

I told her that I didn't think we wanted to have to pay for all of the stuff
seperately that is already there :-) My, admitedly poorly worded missive was
concerning getting Domino so cheap and here once again, the non-AS/400's folks
question "what's the deal ?" We all know the AS/400 is a GREAT box, but others
don't.
This doesn't help our case ;-)

Chuck