  • Subject: Re: Printing barcodes on IBM 6400 using TCP/IP OUTQ
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 20:00:40 -0400

Scott,

 I believe to maintain the IPDS(*YES) capability you will need to put an
IBM Ethernet interface in the printer. As I recall this is an option but
I can't remember if it can be added later or must be ordered that way.
Once you connect it to the JetDirect you are losing support for IPDS.
If you can't add the IBM Ethernet port then consider someone like I/O
who as I recall has Jet-Direct like boxes with IPDS support.

 HTH - Larry

ps -Yes the BARCODE keyword requires IPDS.

--
Larry Bolhuis         |
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |  IBM AS/400e - Get There First!