booth@martinvt.com writes:

> Jim, this is reaching way back....
>
>  I think if you look in the library #LIBRARY you may see an object named
>  OFF.  You could try renaming it and then sign on a session and choose 24
>  on the menu.  I have an idea you will get a boomer from the system, but
>  that's a good thing.  Then you can make your own OFF.
>  _______________________
>  Booth Martin

Yep, I remember #LIBRARY

When you are inside the S/36 world, you ought to have POP, which was a
fore-runner to PDM/400.

There should be a command in #LIBRARY ... key POP on command line of /36 &
this will get you to the POP menu ... take "3" I think it was for LIBRARY &
select #LIBRARY for the library you going to futz with then F5 to select
criteria within there & You only interested in "P" Procedure type of Object &
period OFF period to narrow your string selection.  Help here is by using the
HELP key, not F1.

In S/36 world you turned a meaningful line into a comment by interjecting an
asterisk in the first position of the line.
So if you changed the IBM OFF lines to have either * in first line or added a
last line of

// TAG ENDEND
I do not remember the exact syntax - maybe it should be
// ENDEND TAG

& inserted in first line in front // GOTO ENDEND

I do not remember the exact syntax
you can change a working command to one that "works" but is do nothing so
that it does not boom S/36 when you take menu option that calls it

Before changing Any IBM commands, I would make a backup safety copy of them
some place.  I used to have a system of before / after any change so if one
broke, I could get back the prior pretty quick.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©