  • Subject: Re: Restricted Interactive RUNQRY
  • From: Paul Tuohy <tuohyp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:17:28 +0100

Hi Brad, definately a strange one. I duplicated what you did and got the exact
same error.

1. Did a CRTDUPOBJ of the RUNQRY command to a library that is prior to QSYS in
the library list.

2. Did a CHGCMD to new RUNQRY command to disallow *INTERMED.

3. When I do a RUNQRY (new one) I get a
        CPD0031 Command RUNQRY not allowed in this setting.
        (Message sent from program QCARULE)

4. When I do a QSYS/RUNQRY I get a
        QRY2294 Specified option or F5=Report not allowed.
        (Message is sent from program QQUDA)

Of course, if I rename the copied command to TESTRUNQRY, everything works as
expected.

This would seem to indicate the query is doing some extra checking of its own -
and using the library list.

I am afraid I have no idea how to cure this or what exactly is happening in the
bowls of the RUNQRY process but I would suggest the following:-

Since you want this to apply to runqry commands being run directly from menu
options - have the menu options do a sbmjob of the runqry command instead.

Fall back on what I was saying about CHGQRYA for people using WRKQRY. Change
your
menu option for user doing a WRKQRY to run the following CL program.

Dcl        &InqMsgRpy   *Char  10

RtvJobA    InqMsgRpy(&InQMsgRpy)

ChgJob     InqMsgRpy(*DFT)
ChgQryA    QryTimLmt(180)

wrkqry

ChgJob     InqMsgRpy(&InQMsgRpy)
ChgQryA    QryTimLmt(*SysVal)

This give them a maximum of 3 minutes for an interactive query. If you want to
emulate the "no interactive queries" then set the time limit to 0 instead of
180.

If you are tempted to change the system value (QQRYTIMLMT I think) be very
careful. It also applies to OPNQRYF and SQL.

Not a cure but I hope it helps

Paul Tuohy