From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
[mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Dennis Munro
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 8:53 AM
To: 'Midrange E-Mail List'
Subject: QM Query question

AS/400 720 V4R4M0, current on all ptf's as of two weeks ago as a test
machine.
AS/400 S20 V4R4M0, not as current on ptf's as the test machine.
Running BPCS 6.0.02 full client/server as an ERP package.

I had 30 Query/400 queries I had converted to QM/400 queries on my test
machine.  They worked just fine on the test machine.  I am not sure how I
copied them from the test machine to the production machine but I probably
copied the definitions into a work library, saved the work library to tape,
restored the tape on the production machine, & then copied the sql & form
definitions to the correct library.

The queries all ran correctly on the test machine.  I had to change all the
queries on the production machine to point to the correct library & saved
the definitions - but I never ran them.

When I went to run them last night as part of month-end, they all aborted.
Running the CL program through ISDB, I found out that the queries were all
looking for the wrong data library, which only resides on the test machine.
What did I miss (other than not trying them to make sure they ran which now
makes me look pretty stupid) in this copying process?

I then ran each one manually & they all worked, but not within my CL
program????  At midnight, you sometimes don't really think to straight,
especially after it being a 17 hour work day.

The other kicker is after I ran the QM/400 queries manually, all the form
definitions didn't work where I had a report wider than 80 columns.  That
all was working on the test machine.  You get multiple reports based on the
report width, ie. col.1-80 = report 1, col.81-160 = report 2, col.161-198 =
report 3.  What a mess.

What am I forgetting or what did I do wrong?

Frustrated & tired.  Plus my wifes birthday & I will probably fall asleep
while eating out with the kids.  I should just go home right now & sleep &
forget work.

Dennis

Dennis Munro
Badger Mining Corporation