  • Subject: Retrieving JPG and GIF file data in an AS/400 program
  • From: Rob Dixon <rob.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:50:01 +0100

I have been asked to load about 25,000 images into an AS/400 web site
with the prospect of rather larger quantities to come.  I store them in
the IFS and the transfer is not a problem.  My product ERROS was used to
build the web site.  This generates HTML on the fly and automatically
changes the image size dependent upon the number of images displayed on
the screen at any one time.  To do this, and to make sure that I do not
display an image in a size greater than its size as supplied,  I need to
store the image size data for each image in my Neural Database.  So far
I have only put up a few hundred images and I have put this information
in manually, but, with this quantity of images, I need to automate the
process.

Does anyone know how to extract the image size data from image files in
the IFS using an AS/400 program or even where it is stored in a JPG or
GIF file?  The files will have been created in Adobe Photoshop.

Many thanks

Rob Dixon

Erros plc

44 (0) 1844 239 339