  • Subject: RE: PSDS System Date / InternalJobID
  • From: dkeck@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:08:17 US/Eastern

Buck, A record in this file is relevant only for the duraction of the
interactive session.  The records in the file would persist only if recommended
periodic purges were not executed.  In the event purges are not executed
duplicate keys can result if using just a simple 3 part key as described
below.  Rather than deal with a duplicate key message at some point, I would
prefer the file just grow until someone decides that the recommended purging is
good.
Regarding the internal job ID not surviving IPL's .. i saw that in the manual
and that is OK.  I would not be using it to resolve to a job using the API's
that use internal job ID as an input.  Rather I would be using it as my 4th key
element ... a tie breaker.  It could be good for this because I can get the
internal job ID any time a job is active and successfully chain to the record
related to the job.  Future jobs would, (I think/hope/assume) likely have a
different internal job ID even if they have the same JobUser/JobName/JobNumber
as an old record in the file.   -DaveK