  • Subject: Re: Can I have some help on a security question
  • From: "alan shore" <SHOREA@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:42:52 -0400

You may want to consider a CL program.
This CL program should use the following commands
DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*ALL) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(LIBNAME/NAME)
Either add ALL the library names that appear in your previous report to you
library list - or -
repeat the the above command for each of the libraries in question, so that the
data is added to the outfile.
Read the final outfile and use the command
DSPOBJAUT OBJ(OUTFILE-LIB/OBJNAME) OBJTYPE(OUTFILE-TYPE) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(LIBNAME/OUTFILE2)
Then query or read this last outfile for the authority *USER DEF
Its a little more involved than I think you were hoping for, and there may be
quicker/better methods for what you want, but this logic has worked well for me
in many problems.
>>> <ORiordan_Paudie@emc.com> 08/11 6:56 AM >>>
Hi All
When we changed our security level to a higher level than previously defined
(20 -> 30).   In this case, we are facing another complication that is a
result of the CISC to RISC conversion, and the new version of the operating
system. We recently went from V3R2 to V4R4
now alot of data files & PGM objects have reverted to  *USER DEF Authority
for the owner, etc

USER DEF authority is sort of a hybrid authority...  it is what the system
assigns when the combination of Object and Data authorities do not match one
of the IBM predefined authority levels.. (*ALL, *CHANGE, *USE, *EXCLUDE....)
There are more Object and Data authorities under V4R4 than there are under
Version 3, the objects that we are seeing the USER DEF authority on must
have had very specific private authorities assigned, which were brought
forward during the conversion and assigned this hybrid level.  (this would
never be a problem at security level 20 and below, but at 30, which is
resource level, they are inconsistent with the level of access required,
especially as it applies to the object owner....)

One of the steps required for upgrading the security level is to review all
objects and look for private authorities that may need to be changed or
removed.

Now my problem is I can go into the menu GO SECTOOLS and run the following
command

                     Print Private Authorities (PRTPVTAUT)

Object type  . . . . . . . . . .        *FILE           *ALRTBL, *AUTL,
*BLKSF...
Changed report only  . . . . . .        *NO             *NO, *YES

Library  . . . . . . . . . . . .                Name
Authority type . . . . . . . . .        *OBJECT         *OBJECT, *FIELD,
*ALL

This is fine, gives me the info I need aka all *USER DEF authorities on the
libraries in question
But it is in SPLF format
I have tried creating a DDS file to copy the spool file to but the page
headings mess this up,
I tried ftping the file down to my PC and changing it in excel, but since
each report is about 500 pages long it is a long process

What my question is

Is there anyway of running this report and creating, for example, an outfile

Or is there any report or tool on the 400 that will let me pull down this
info into a usable format to work with on the As/400 so I query the report
and be able to find a solution to my problem

I'm a bit thick on all this DDS stuff and file formats and stuff like that,
so any help would be greatly appreciated on this problem,

plus this is a one off problem so I don't think I'd get clearance to
spending loads of dollars on fancy third party software / tools

PLEASE HELP!

Regards,

Regards
Paudie O'Riordan