  • Subject: Retrieve program stack
  • From: edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:43:15 -0500

Dave,

>We've been using Bryan Leaman's MI program LSTJOBSTK (from the June 1994
>issue of News/400) to retrieve the program stack for a job.  Now, we'd
like
>to move from security level 30 to 40 and can't because this program uses
an
>unsupported interface.  I know that there is another method of retrieving
>the program stack by using program messages but don't like this method
>because it doesn't return the library of the program, only the program
name.
>Does anyone know of a way of retrieving both the programs and libraries in
>job's call stack that would be supported at security level 40?

I found the following solution to this problem on comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc
several months ago. I do not remember who the author is. I made a few minor
modifications.

  DCL        VAR(&MSGDTA) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(20)
  DCL        VAR(&PGM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
  DCL        VAR(&PGMLIB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

  DLTF       FILE(QTEMP/NOTFOUND)
  MONMSG     MSGID(CPF2105) EXEC(DO)
     RCVMSG     MSGTYPE(*EXCP)
  ENDDO
  OVRDBF     FILE(QPPGMDMP) TOFILE(QTEMP/NOTFOUND)
  DMPCLPGM
  MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0570) EXEC(DO)
     RCVMSG     MSGTYPE(*DIAG)
     RCVMSG     MSGTYPE(*EXCP) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA)
     CHGVAR     VAR(&PGM) VALUE(%SST(&MSGDTA 1 10))
     CHGVAR     VAR(&PGMLIB) VALUE(%SST(&MSGDTA 11 10))
  ENDDO
  DLTOVR     FILE(QPPGMDMP)

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@US.IBM.COM