  • Subject: Re: Tape drive recommendations
  • From: "Matt Patee" <mpatee@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:39:36 -0700

I use the 3590 and love it. You can start with the B11 drive, which would
be the cheapest available model. You would get 10/30gb per cartridge. It
has upgrades available that could extend the capacity to 20/60gb or
40/120gb. I currently have the 40/120 model with a 10 tape changer. If you
decide to go with this solution let me know. I may have some tapes I could
sell you, if you don't mind second hand (used maybe 10 times and they last
hundreds of uses). When I upgraded my drive, I upgraded my tapes to the
extended length tapes also and am now stuck with approximately eighty of
these old tapes. Good luck and let me know if you are interested.

-Matt

"Sims, Ken" <KSIMS@SOUTHERNWINE.com>@midrange.com on 07/24/2000 05:07:59 PM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-midrange-l@midrange.com