From Command Line DSPJOBTBL & DSPSYSSTS & WRKSYSSTS ... between them they
will tell you how many jobs are in your system & some information about their
types & their activity.  What you need to understand is that jobs that have
left remnants of themselves on your AS/400, such as unprinted reports, and
job logs ... all of them contain the statistical data you see when you look
at the story on them & this data takes disk space & the system needs to keep
track of it & there are performance issues associated with how many jobs you
want it to be able to keep track of & how much additional overhead to add
when you run out of whatever has been assigned.

At IPL time you are taking back the disk space wasted from allowing for the
tracking of jobs no longer in the system & refreshing space to track future
additions, but the numbers have to be large enough to track what you already
have there & it seems to me from these error messages that you need to review
whether you have allowed enough.  This particular value QMAXACTLVL is only
one of a family of activity level settings & you need to look at the whole
bunch, like in the Work Management Manual.

From Command Line visit WRKSYSVAL & look up what the help has to tell you
about QMAXACTLVL & what your current settings are.  WRKSYSVAL F4 & *PRINT
will give you a nice chart of settings you now have vs. IBM defaults with
flagged which have been changed in your system.

Al Barsa offered a document recently "Everything you ever wanted to know
about SYSTEM VALUES" from a presentation he gave at COMMON ... it is GREAT &
would be helpful to you & he seems willing to freely share it with folks in
this discussion group ... it would be helpful to you in my opinion.

>  From:    MCUNNING@pct.edu (Mike Cunningham)

>  Does anyone know what these errors mean and can anything be done to stop
>  them ? They occur on an IPL

<< snip >>

>  QMAXACTLVL is already set at *NOMAX

>  Mike Cunningham
>  Director of Computer Services
>  PA College of Technology
>  mcunning@pct.edu

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor of BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 running on
AS/400 V4R3 http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of Indiana--->Quality
manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical sub-assemblies

Y2K is not the end of my universe, but a re-boot of that old Chinese curse.
The road to success is always under construction.
Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
Murphy's Mom brought wrong baby home from hospital so it should be Kelly's
Law.
When in doubt, read the documentation, assuming you can find it.