  • Subject: Re: RUNRMTCMD
  • From: Pete Hall <pbhall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:32:25 -0500

At 10:16 07/21/2000 , John Fields wrote:
>Hi, group!:
>

>Drive C: is the local drive on my P/C "heracles" Drive X: is on my Unix
>Box
>
>My CL program PHOTOCP is listed below:
>  Columns . . .
> :   QGPL/QCLSRC                                                    PHOTOCP
>         *************** Beginning of data
> *************************************
>0001.00
>PGM
>0002.00              RUNRMTCMD  CMD('C:\photo.bat X:\1al\001--.tif')
>+
>0003.00                           RMTLOCNAME('heracles'
>*IP)
>0004.00
>ENDPGM
>         ****************** End of data

Here are my questions:

>     (1)    When I run my CL program Drive X on  the Unix Box I get an
> error message that the file does not exist or cannot be  found when I
> move the file to one of my local drives it works fine, what am I doing wrong?
>
>     (2)    Why does RUNRMTCMD run slowly is there a faster way to do what
> I'm trying to do?

I would suppose that your PC is running NT. If this is true, then the
remote command service cannot use the drive mappings you have set up for
your interactive login. I think it will find C:\photo.bat, but it does not
know how to find the X drive. Try changing the target file path to use
universal naming convention. If X is mapped to the root of the unix drive,
it would look something like \\hostname\sharename(or volume)\lal\001--.tif.
I don't know exactly what the syntax would be on an SG unix box, but that
would work on an NT or Netware server. As an alternative, you can also map
the drive with the Net Use command, and then it will be able to find drive X.

hth
Pete
Pete Hall
pbhall@execpc.com