  • Subject: RE: Notice: False Review on Amazon.com of e-RPG book
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:34:53 -0500

> Ya gatta wonder about people that let their reading list be
> dictated by
> reviews posted on such a public site.  I have ordered many books from
> Amazon, but only after I decided to get the book.  Then it is
> just a price
> issue and nothing more.
>
> ooohhhh!  look! billy-joe-roy-bob likes this book! i thinks i
> will too...

<snicker>

It's funny you mention that.  I remember I was watching ZDTV one time and
they were interviewing Neal Stephenson (Sci Fi writer) about his
Crypto(something) book.  It sounded neat, so I went to Amazon, and read the
reviews.  Everyone said the book was ok, but not as good as another book he
wrote called "Snow Crash".  So, I read reviews on Snow Crash, and they were,
for the most part, good reviews.  That made me purchase the book.  And after
reading it, I must say it was an awesome book.  Then I got his next book,
The Diamond Age, and started reading it but quit after reading the first few
chapters because it wasn't as good.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish it and
it will get better.

A little off the subject, and a different type of book, but it did influence
my purchase.

Brad