  • Subject: RE: DDS Support(multi D arrays)
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 08:50:35 -0700

Multi dimension arrays would be at or near the top of my list of
enhancements for RPG.  I've written a fair number of programs where the data
structures I've substituted for multi dimensional arrays obscured the logic
and made the programs harder to maintain than they need to be.  Of course, a
better programmer would have figured out a way to make the work arounds
totally transparent. <g>

I think most people who've never seen a multi dimensional array would catch
on in a few minutes.