I have an RPG36 program for bank direct deposit whose 'F' specs look like the
following and also contains a 'T' spec.

     FDIRTAPE IPE F 940  94            DISK
  FDIRLINE O   F  94  94            BSCA
  FPRINTER O     132 132            PRINTER
  TDIRLINE ST ENA                                10
  IDIRTAPE NS  01

How do I "convert" this to RPG/400? If I change the source type to RPG and
compile, I get the following fatal errors.

                        M e s s a g e   S u m m a r y
 QRG2001 Severity:  30   Number:    1
         Message . . . . :   Form-Type entry invalid or out of sequence.
           Specification ignored.
 QRG2006 Severity:  20   Number:    1
         Message . . . . :   The File-Format entry is not F or E. Defaults
           to F.
 QRG2013 Severity:  10   Number:    1
         Message . . . . :   The Device-Type entry is not PRINTER, DISK,
           WORKSTN, SPECIAL, or SEQ.
 QRG2016 Severity:  10   Number:    3
         Message . . . . :   Positions 20-23, 47-52, 60-65, 67-70, or 73-74
           of an F specification are not blank. Default to blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Matousek
Information Services
(540) 582-7055 ext 273