  • Subject: Signon Problem with CAWIN320 and TCPIP after PTF apply
  • From: Philipp Rusch <Philipp.Rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 15:37:15 +0200

Hi all,
after some problems with our 2740 RAID Controller on a model 170, IBM
had us install the latest CUM PTFs on V4R3M0 / C007743 and the newest
hiper and database groups as of last week ...
HW service fixed it by changing the battery pack of the Cache-RAM.
Now we got (without changing anything on the config) a new behaviour
on our ClientAccess PCs: we now start our emulator (CAWIN320 SF59923)
on Win95 machines and after the black windows opens one has to wait
about 12(!) minutes for the signon screen to appear.
After this first "timeout" everything works with normal speed.
No error messages on the pc, no errors in qsysopr, no logs in sst.
Is this the signon demons being broken from the ptf install ?
Shell I go through RCLSTG ?

Anybody to help us ?

Regards, Philipp Rusch

| EDV Beratung Rusch          EDP Consulting Rusch                |
| Philipp Rusch               Mailto: Philipp.Rusch@rusch-edv.de  |
| Am Errlich 9                WWW   : http://www.rusch-edv.de/    |
| D-61191 Rosbach,                                                |
| Germany                                                         |
| Phone: (+49) 6003 3972      Mobile : (+49) 172 89 86 230        |
| Fax  : (+49) 6003 3795                                          |