  • Subject: Client/Server spool file
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:16:20 -0500

I am running a BPCS program from Notes to generate a
spool file.  I then want to copy the spool file into a
disk file.

Here's the catch.

When Notes does it's thing, it runs under the following
job:  167121/QUSER/QSQSRVR.

However the spool file shows up as:

            File
File        Nbr   Job         User        Number
QPJOBLOG      97  QPRTJOB     RON32       167669
BOM240        96  QPRTJOB     RON32       167669

This reminds me of SNDNETSPLF.  I swear that SNDNETSPLF
is NOT being used!

While I think that IBM is really clever to figure out
the actual user id, and I should be grateful, it does
cause me a problem.  How do I figure out the job name
for this parameter in the CPYSPLF command?  I cannot
use * for current job because then I'll get message

MSGID      TYPE                    SEV   DATE       TIME       FROM PGM
LIBRARY     INST     TO PGM       LIBRARY      INST
CPF3303    Escape                  40    06/02/00   11:34:32   QSPCPYF
QSYS        0A5A     BOM240NOTE   GDIDIVO      00EF
                                     Message . . . . :   File BOM240 not found
in job 167121/QUSER/QSQSRVR.
                                     Recovery  . . . :   Use the WRKJOB command
to display the job and determine
                                       the correct file name and number, or use
the WRKOUTQ command to display the
                                       output queue, or use the WRKSPLF command
to display a list of all the files
                                       on the system.  Use the FILE parameter
to correct the file name, the JOB
                                       parameter to correct the job name, or
the SPLNBR parameter to correct the
                                       file number.

The closest solution I can come up with is to use the
list jobs api to find the QPRTJOB running under the
current user with the highest job number and then take
it from there.  FYI, it was also sweet of IBM to update
the program status data structure and put the right
user id in there.  No sarcasm intended.  For example:

ZPGMSTUS 001C13  CHAR(400)     'BOM240    0020200000132300  SYS900  009
                                DATDIVO        '
         001C72    +96         '
                           0202                '
         001CD1    +191        '        20IIM     00000READ I*GETIN
00000000IPI100XXQSQSRVR   RON32     1671210530000601001554'
         001D30    +286        '101211981618090001QRPGSRC   DATDIVS   BOM240'

See RON32 instead of QUSER?