From: Bale, Dan [mailto:DBale@lear.com]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 1:11 PM
To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: cpsplf *fcfc

Under what context was the statement "*fcfc is not valid for externally
described printer files" made?

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you want your HTML output to have
the appropriate tags for underlining just like they appear in the printed
output?  WYSIWYG?  If this is what you're trying to do, you've got a LOT of
work ahead of you.  It's not just a simple matter of doing a CPYSPLF to a
database file to a PC file with inserted HTML tags.  You will definately
need the *FCFC output to insert the appropriate HTML tags for underlining
and boldfacing.

Of course, you could save yourself a lot of time & aggravation and get an
instant solution in Brad Stone's SPLTOOL product.

hth,
- Dan Bale