  • Subject: Re: Qualified vs Unqualified calls (Was: Database server jobs and SQL tuning)
  • From: Bob Larkin <blarkin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 23:18:31 -0500

John,
Great work. Now for some real fun, have your program open a file, read a
record, then
return. After that, try leaving LR *OFF.
The only reason I mention that is that there can be great savings there. I ran
into a
situation where program A was calling Program "Tax Calc" several times for each
transaction. The transactions were telephone calls, so there were many millions
per
cycle.  A minor change to keep the "Tax Calc" from closing the files and going
away
resulted in a reduction from 11 HOURS to 17 Minutes!!!

take care, and get well.
Bob