  • Subject: RE: csv output from cpytoimpf
  • From: "Draper, Dale" <dale.draper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:51:33 -0700

I would use this option, but for the automation of the process. This
information is going to end up somehow to a webserver hosting the MS Access
application that will be refreshed once or twice a day with new data.
Automating a secure connection from a PC or NT server to the 400 is more
difficult than automating and scheduling on the AS400. Security wise, I feel
much more confortable pushing the data out also.
We do use ODBC with Access for internal "executive" informational tools that
work very well. The ODBC driver translates the physical files, so no
download is needed, they query directly against my custom report files.