  • Subject: RE: SNADS setup
  • From: "Bob Crothers" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:37:56 -0500

If the machines are connected via TCP/IP, and you do not already have SNADS
setup, then far and away, the best way to do your transfer is via FTP.

Save your library to a save file.

On the target system, create an empty save file.

On the target system, start the ftp server: strtcpsvr *FTP  (Note: It may
already be started)

On the source system, start ftp client: FTP "other Ip Address"

You will be prompted to log on.  Do so.

Type the following, pressing enter on each line:

bin
put mysavef mysavef
quit

You should now drop back to your command line.  And your save file will be
on the other machine.

Bob